Inside This Report
The goal of this report is to analyze and size the market for mobile technologies that are involved in supporting direct store delivery (DSD) systems around the globe. The full analyst report will include a 5-year forecast of hardware, software, and professional services shipments; a hardware revenue breakdown to DSD sectors by device grade and regions; a variety of market insights related to DSD hardware and software trends; and in-depth insights from DSD manufacturers and end users.
What questions are addressed?
- Why should organizations in the DSD market revisit their OS strategy for ruggedized devices before legacy operating systems stop being supported?
- How have organizations addressed the “Windows Gap” since the release of Windows 10? How relevant have iOS and Android become in the DSD ecosystem?
- What is the total revenue breakdown of the DSD market, the total hardware revenue breakdown by device grade and region, and the expected growth for this market through 2021?
- What progress have we seen in relation to device migration? How have organizations started to transition towards consumer-grade devices for activities like presales and merchandising?
- What are the current modernization efforts around DSD solutions and what are the expectations for next-generation solutions?
- From a software perspective, how has the automation of DSD solutions evolved over the last few years and what are some current industry trends?
- What are some of the leading benefits driving DSD vendors and end users to invest in new mobile technologies?
- What shifts have we seen in the adoption of DSD operations? Why have more organizations started to adopt full service DSD systems?
- How relevant and widespread have DSD operations become among consumer product goods organizations? Is DSD still seen as a cost-efficient fulfillment strategy?
Who should read this report?
Any individuals or companies directly/indirectly involved in DSD-related services. This report will be of particular interest to technology vendors supporting DSD solutions, DSD software vendors, and any organizations that utilize DSD channels and systems for distribution and marketing purposes. The report covers key industry trends and opportunities within the DSD market and identifies key vendors/solution providers in this ecosystem.
Vendors Listed in this Report
- AFS Technologies
- Apacheta Corporation
- HighJump Software
- MiT Systems
- NCS (Numeric Computer Systems, Inc.) SAP
- Zebra Technologies
Table of Contents
- Inside This Report
- Executive Summary
- Global Market Overview and Forecast
- End-User Trends and Insights
- Concluding Thoughts
- Competitive Landscape by Technology
- Additional Exhibits
- About VDC Research
LIST OF REPORT EXHIBITS:
- Exhibit 1: Shipments to DSD sectors (Millions of Dollars)
- Exhibit 2: Revenue Breakdown to DSD sectors by Device Grade (Millions of Dollars)
- Exhibit 3: Hardware Revenue Breakdown by Region (Millions of Dollars)
- Exhibit 4: 2017 Leading DSD Investment Drivers
- Exhibit 5: 2017 Mobile Device Requirements/Selection Criteria to Support DSD Processes
- Exhibit 6: Drivers behind Migration to Real-time / Wireless Processing
- Exhibit 7: Leading 2017 Barriers to Deploying Mobile DSD Solutions
- Exhibit 8: Classification of DSD Operations
- Exhibit 9: Maturity Ratings of Organizations Mobile Technology Capabilities
- Exhibit 10: Projected Percent Change in DSD Mobility Budgets from 2017 to 2018
- Exhibit 11: Organizations' DSD Workers Equipped with Mobile Devices
- Exhibit 12: DSD Routes Being Supported by Solution Provider Organizations
LIST OF BUYER BEHAVIOR DATASET EXHIBITS:
- Exhibit 1: Which of the following statements BEST describes your level of involvement in your company's mobile initiatives?
- Exhibit 2: In which region is your organization located/headquartered?
- Exhibit 3: What is the approximate number of total employees at your organization?
- Exhibit 4: Is your organization currently using or planning to deploy mobile technologies to support your daily operations?
- Exhibit 5: Which of the following best classifies your DSD operations?
- Exhibit 6: What types of products does your organization distribute? (Select all that apply)
- Exhibit 7: How many DSD routes does your organization support?
- Exhibit 8: To which extent do you agree with the following statement: "Mobile solutions are a priority within my organization"?
- Exhibit 9: How satisfied are you with each of the following: The pace of your organization's mobile initiatives
- Exhibit 9b: How satisfied are you with each of the following: Your organization's adoption of mobile applications
- Exhibit 10: To which extent do you agree with the following statement: "Our organization struggles to effectively engage customers using mobile devices"?
- Exhibit 11: How would you rate the impact of mobile solutions on the quality of DSD operations at your organization? (1=No Impact, 7=Significant Impact)
- Exhibit 12: Does your direct store delivery organization have or are you planning to implement a formal mobile technology policy?
- Exhibit 13: Which of the following are currently included as part of your organization's mobile policy?
- Exhibit 14: Which of the following do you plan to include as part of your organization's mobile policy?
- Exhibit 15: How would you rate the level of maturity of your organization's mobile technology capabilities?
- Exhibit 16: Which of the following best reflects funding for mobile initiatives within your DSD organization?
- Exhibit 17: Who within your organization has the greatest influence over mobility initiatives?
- Exhibit 18: How has your 2017 mobility budget changed relative to your 2016 budget?
- Exhibit 18: How do you expect your 2018 budget to change relative to your 2017 budget?
- Exhibit 19: How does your organization's mobile solutions budget break down by the following categories?
- Exhibit 20: What are the leading priorities driving your organization's investments in mobile DSD solutions?
- Exhibit 21: What are the leading barriers to deploying mobile solutions in DSD? (Select all that apply)
- Exhibit 22: Considering the mobile devices used by your organization's DSD workers and delivery drivers, are these corporate-issued devices or employee-owned/corporate supported (BYOD) devices?
- Exhibit 23: Which of the following mobile devices are issued to DSD workers and delivery drivers by your organization for personal or shared use? (Select all that apply)
- Exhibit 24: Which of the following DSD workers within your organization are equipped with mobile devices?
- Exhibit 25: What are the most important criteria your company takes into consideration when choosing mobile devices to support your DSD processes? (Select all that apply)
- Exhibit 26: Does your organization have full visibility into the applications being used?
- Exhibit 27: Does your organization have an "app gap"? (An "app gap" refers to the number of mobile applications that your organization wants vs. the number that have actually been built/ are available)
- Exhibit 28: What mobile DSD applications does your organization currently or plan to support?
- Exhibit 29: What type of DEX interface is your organization primarily using?
- Exhibit 30: Thinking about your time using the wired DEX interface, on a scale from 1-5, with 1 representing low failure rates and 5 representing high failure rates, please describe the wired DEX's failure rates.
- Exhibit 31: Do your company's DSD solutions support real-time data or operate in batch mode?
- Exhibit 32: What are the most important drivers of making the migration from batch to real-time?