Product Code: 67852
The ampoule sticker labelling machine market is expected to reach a CAGR of 5%, during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- The introduction of stringent government regulations and industry standards for pharmaceutical packaging is working in favor of the ampoules market. Strict regulations and standards are compelling manufacturers to upgrade their packaging practices so that there is no compromise in terms of quality and efficacy of drugs. Most ampoules are manufactured in accordance with the DIN ISO EN 9187-1/2 standard in straight-stem, funnel-type and sealed designs. This effectively drives the market of ampoule sticker labelling machine since the manufacturers are compelled to produce ampoule glass for pharma products.
- The adoption of an automatic ampoule sticker labeling machine drives the market. Due to low maintenance costs, power consumption, flexible design and user-friendly, the adoption of automatic machines is more preferred compared to a manual machine. The machine is capable of labelling up to or more than 400 units per minute depending on products and label size. Various machines are available which are specially designed in the electronic and mechanical systems to apply transparent labels on Vials at very high speed using an optional special label sensing systems.
- The high cost of an ampoule sticker labelling machine is restraining the growth of the market. One has to deal with a couple of thousands of dollars before they can acquire their own device of this kind. Even the simplest models that are handheld come at a fairly high price which is difficult for many to meet.
Key Market Trends
Glass Ampoules to Hold a Significant Market Share in Pharmaceutical
- In glass ampoules, medication is only in contact with glass, and the packaging is 100% tamper-proof. Therefore, over the years, these ampoules have been widely used in packaging injection drugs and due to which the demand for ampoule sticker labeling machine increases.
- For instance, Helixor, which contains Mistletoe therapy and is an integral part of integrative oncology, uses glass ampoules to maintain the characteristics of the medicine.
- Moreover, various firms are introducing new machinery which is regulated to FDA compliance. For instance, in Aug 2019, Herma US, the subsidiary of Herma GmbH introduced a new ultra-compact labeling machine at Healthcare Packaging Expo, in Las Vegas. It is designed to meet the pharma sector demands for a fully FDA-compliant labeler in a very compact footprint. The Herma 211 HC is suitable for labeling a wide range of cylindrical products, including syringes, tubes, glass vials, and ampoules.
- In the case of chronic diseases, such as cancer treatment, chemotherapy, which includes traditional chemotherapeutic agents that are cytotoxic, requires glass ampoules. According to WHO, the cytotoxic medicines, such as calcium folinate, are mostly packed in an injection 3 mg/ml in a 10-ml ampoule. Therefore, to maintain the properties of the medications, ampoules glass is a preferred material. With an increasing number of chronic diseases globally, the usage of ampoule sticker labeling machines will grow further in the future period.
Asia-Pacific To Witness a Market Growth
- Asia-Pacific is expected to increase its market growth in the future owing to an increase in the prevalence of diseases, such as diabetes and cancer, along with the regulatory framework that is feasible for the approval of biopharmaceuticals in the region. Moreover, the increasing adoption of advanced technologies in this region for cosmetic packaging and growing trends of skincare products are some of the significant factors driving the market growth.
- Also, Australians are particularly prone to sun damage and premature aging, given the extreme levels of UV radiation they are exposed throughout the year. This effectively demands the need for ampoule glass for packaging those cosmetic products which further contribute to the growth of the market.
- Moreover, major suppliers of ampoule and vials from the Asia region are investing to grow their market share. For instance, Schott Kaisha, a prominent supplier for the pharmaceutical industry is investing over Rs 50 crores in a new site in Baddi, India to set up production capacity of 360 million ampoules and 70 million vials. The plant will tend to be operational by April 2020. This will further contribute to the market growth of ampoule sticker labeling machine.
The ampoule sticker labelling machine market is fragmented as it is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across several countries. Key players are Brothers Pharmamach (India) Pvt Ltd, Multipack Packaging Machinery, etc. Recent developments in the market are -
- June 2019 - Acucote, a pressure-sensitive adhesive coating manufacturer, expanded its portfolio with nineteen new pressure-sensitive paper and film constructions specifically designed for the pharmaceutical market. According to the company, for enhanced security, photoluminescence can be added to the adhesive for UV light detection systems. These materials are specifically designed for test tubes, syringes, pharmaceutical labeling, auto-injectors, vials, and ampoules. With growing pharmaceutical product sales, the usage of these ampoule products will effectively help in the growth of the market.
- August 2019 - Herma introduced Herma 211 suitable for labeling a wide range of cylindrical products, including syringes, tubes, glass vials and ampoules. It is capable of applying approximately 30 labels per minute and can handle webs as wide as 80mm and products ranging in diameter from 10-120mm. The machine's robust construction makes it suited for continuous operation, even under stringent labeling requirements.
- Dec 2019 - South Korean cosmetics conglomerate Amorepacific cheduled to launch its first-ever professional-grade beauty brand Holitual to meet rising consumer desire to have effective skin treatments in the comfort of their home. The brand will launch with five products including products in ampoule glass mostly in bottles. With growing cosmetic product these skin treatment products in ampoule glass will effectively help in the growth of the market.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Introduction of Stringent Government Regulations and Industry Standards For Pharmaceutical Packaging
- 4.2.2 Adoption of Automatic Ampoule Sticker Labeling Machine for High Volume Production Needs
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 High Price in Addition with Operating Cost
- 4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Surface Material
- 5.1.1 Glass
- 5.1.2 Plastic
- 5.2 By End-User
- 5.2.1 Pharmaceutical
- 5.2.2 Cosmetics
- 5.2.3 Food
- 5.2.4 Chemical
- 5.2.5 Other End-Users
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Brothers Pharmamach (India) Pvt Ltd
- 6.1.2 Multipack Packaging Machinery
- 6.1.3 Shanghai Skilt Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd
- 6.1.4 NKP Pharma Pvt Ltd
- 6.1.5 Adinath International Inc.
- 6.1.6 Lodha International LLP
- 6.1.7 Shree Bhagwati Labelling Technologies
- 6.1.8 Colamark Technologies Ltd
- 6.1.9 Duke Technologies, Inc.
- 6.1.10 Ambica Pharma Machines Pvt. Ltd.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS