Product Code: 66069
The global automotive films market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 5%, over the forecast period. Automotive films are available in various colors and styles, and are engineered to enhance the aesthetics of a vehicle while improving its functionality.
- Increasing concern for safety, security, and privacy, coupled with the increasing demand from the automotive industry majorly in Europe and Asia-Pacific regions are expected to drive the demand for the market during the forecast period.
- Occurrence of technical issues with dyed and metallized films which results in low heat reduction and GPS transmission interference is likely to hinder the market's growth.
- Rising demand of electric vehicles and emerging government regulations in countries such as United States enforcing the usage of automotive films are projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Window Films/Tints Industry
- Window films are lamination's installed, either on the exterior or interior part of the glass windows. It provides protection, as well as sustainability, to the vehicles.
- Window films provide an extra level of protection against the harmful infrared and ultraviolet rays, reflecting from the sun. Additionally, window tints reduce the workload on vehicle's air conditioning system.
- It is installed in automobiles, to reduce the excessive heat transmitted to the vehicles. It is widely used in the automotive industry, mostly in passenger vehicles followed up by commercial vehicles.
- Additionally, it provides car protection inside and outside, privacy, security, and also increases vehicle's overall appearance, and hence, finds application in the automotive industry, majorly in windows.
- Owing to all the aforementioned factors, the demand for window films/tints is likely to grow during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. With automotive production and sales growing in countries such as India, Indonesia, Thailand and Japan, the usage of automotive films is increasing throughout Asia-Pacific region.
- India is one of the major consumers of automotive films in the Asia-Pacific region and it is expected to witness highest CAGR in the region during the forecast period.
- Some of the major manufacturers are planning to expand their capacity in the automotive sector. Ashok Leyland has planned a capital expenditure of INR 1,000 crore to launch 20-25 new models in commercial vehicles, during 2019. Hyundai is planning to invest USD 1 billion, in India, by 2020. SAIC Motor has also announced to invest USD 310 million in India.
- The government of India aims to develop the country as a global manufacturing center, and the government has also come up with reforms, like GST, to boost up the growth in the automotive industry.
- All these factors are expected to increase the market for automotive films in the region during the forecast period.
The automotive films market is partially consolidated. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Key players in the automotive films market include Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC., 3M, Eastman Chemical Company, and Johnson Window Films, Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Concern for Safety, Security, and Privacy
- 4.1.2 Growing demand for Automotive Films in Asia-Pacific and Europe
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Technical Issues with Dyed and Metallized Automotive Window Films
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Film Type
- 5.1.1 Window Films/Tints
- 22.214.171.124 Dyed Window Tint
- 126.96.36.199 Metallized Window Tint
- 188.8.131.52 Ceramic Window Tint
- 184.108.40.206 Carbon Window Tint
- 220.127.116.11 Other Window Films/ Tints (Hybrid, Crystalline, etc.)
- 5.1.2 Automotive Paint Protection Films
- 5.1.3 Automotive Wrapping Films
- 5.2 Vehicle Type
- 5.2.1 Passenger Vehicles
- 5.2.2 Commercial Vehicles
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 AllPro Window Films
- 6.4.3 Avery Dennison Israel Ltd. ( Hanita Coatings)
- 6.4.4 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.5 Garware Suncontrol
- 6.4.6 HEXIS S.A.
- 6.4.7 Johnson Window Films, Inc.
- 6.4.8 Nexfil Co, Ltd.
- 6.4.9 Sun Tint
- 6.4.10 TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
- 6.4.11 Aegis
- 6.4.12 ADS Window Films Ltd
- 6.4.13 FilmTack Pte Ltd
- 6.4.14 Global Window Films
- 6.4.15 LINTEC Corporation
- 6.4.16 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Production and Adoption of Electric Vehicles