Product Code: 51363
The High-Speed Cameras market was valued at USD 251.24 million in 2020 and expected to reach USD 357.51 million by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 5.92% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). High-speed cameras are the sophisticated version of normal digital cameras with high-resolution capacity and ability to capture ultra-high speed events.
- Due to advanced features of high-speed cameras over other cameras, its demand is growing across industries. The increasing need for highly detailed analyses, such as combustion testing and flow visualization in aerospace, explosives, pyrotechnics, and ballistics, is expected to be the driving force for increasing the demand for high-speed cameras in the manufacturing sector.
- Moreover, Increase in demand for high-speed cameras within the sports sector is also on the rise owing to its enhanced capabilities such as high resolution, frame rate, and image processing.
- However, long product replacement cycle coupled with the high cost of the high-speed camera are some of the factors which act as a restraint for the high-speed camera market.
Key Market Trends
Intelligent Transportation Systems Initiative to Drive the Market
- Intelligent Transport System (ITS) aims to achieve traffic efficiency by minimizing traffic problems that enhance safety and comfort. It enriches users with prior information about traffic, local convenience real-time running information, seat availability, etc. which reduces the travel time of commuters as well as enhance their safety and comfort.
- Cameras, particularly high-performance machine vision cameras, are becoming more important in intelligent traffic systems. With features like real-time capability, broad sensor range, auto iris functionality, and day/night functionality high-speed cameras are helping in preventing potential crashes, keep traffic moving, and decrease the negative environmental impacts of the transportation sector on society.
- Further, Intelligent transportation is an important component of any smart city. The Joint Transportation Management Center (JTMC), based in New York City, is the largest transportation center in North America. JTMC's Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) installation covers hundreds of miles of the state arterial system and incorporates more than hundreds of cameras, vehicle detectors, variable message signs and numerous highway advisory radios. Its mission is focused on around-the-clock coordination and communication to manage daily transportation incidents and reduce congestion on some of the busiest expressways in the world. This drives the market for the high-speed cameras.
- Another application of high-speed cameras is in Automatic Incident Detection which is to ensure quick response on accidents and other obstructions, particularly in critical locations like tunnels and bridges.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Highest Growth
- Rapidly increasing industrialization and evolution of manufacturing hubs, particularly China and India, are expected to be major drivers behind this growth. Investments from all over the world into the region's manufacturing sector is growing, which is creating an increased need for more efficient production line monitoring.
- Moreover, the electronics and semi-conductors industry, food processing industry and the emergence of world-class research institutes and academia needs high-speed cameras for their proper utilization.
- Additionally initiatives like 'Make in India' program to place India on the world map as a manufacturing hub and give global recognition to the Indian economy. India is expected to become the fifth largest manufacturing country in the world by the end of the year 2020 stated by IBEF. Such initiatives will drive the market for high-speed camera market in manufacturing sectors.
The high-speed cameras market are highly competitive in nature because of the presence of the many international players who dominates the global market. Some of the key players are Del Imaging Systems, LLC, Mikrotron GMBH, NAC Image Technology, etc among others. These key players have adopted strategies, such as product portfolio expansion, mergers & acquisitions, agreements, geographical expansion, and collaborations to enhance their high-speed camera market share.
- March 2019 - Phantom High Speed launched Phantom VEO 440 that can shoot an event at the frame per second rate of 1,100 at complete 4 MP resolution, 2,000 fps at 1080p HD, and 290,000 fps at minimum resolution. The product is available with the memory size of up to 72GB of in-built RAM and offers an Ethernet option with a data speed of 10GB to enable the fastest workflow.
- August 2018 - Photron Limite launched a versatile, high-performance camera system NOVA that combined advanced CMOS sensor technology with speed to achieve digital imaging expertise and a flexibility of usage in myriads of applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increasing Adoption of High Speed Camera in Manufacturing Sector
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Cost of High Speed Cameras
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Component
- 5.1.1 Image Sensors
- 5.1.2 Lens
- 5.1.3 Battery
- 5.1.4 Memory Systems
- 5.2 By Frame Rate
- 5.2.1 1,000-5,000
- 5.2.2 5,001-20,000
- 5.2.3 20,001-100,000
- 5.2.4 Greater Than 100,000
- 5.3 By Application
- 5.3.1 Entertainment & Media
- 5.3.2 Sports
- 5.3.3 Consumer Electronics
- 5.3.4 Research & Design
- 5.3.5 Industrial Manufacturing
- 5.3.6 Military & Defense
- 5.3.7 Aerospace
- 5.3.8 Other Applications
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Rest of the World
- 126.96.36.199 Latin America
- 188.8.131.52 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Weisscam
- 6.1.2 Vision Research Inc.
- 6.1.3 Optronis GMBH
- 6.1.4 Olympus Corporation
- 6.1.5 Mikrotron GMBH
- 6.1.6 Del Imaging Systems, LLC
- 6.1.7 NAC Image Technology
- 6.1.8 Motion Capture Technologies
- 6.1.9 Photron LTD.
- 6.1.10 Ix-Cameras Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS