Product Code: 50571
The ceramic coatings market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 7.5% during the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are rising aerospace thermal applications and increasing usage in medical devices. On the flip side, factors, such as high costs of ceramic coatings, capital intensive production setup, and issues regarding thermal spray process reliability and consistency are hampering the growth of the studied market.
- The aerospace and defense segment dominated the market and is likely to grow during the forecast period, owing to the increasing demand and production of commercial and military aircraft.
- The alternatives to cadmium and PTFE coatings and the development of new applications and spray processes are likely to provide opportunities for the market studied during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Aerospace and Defense Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- Aerospace and defense is the end-user industry that has the largest application of thermal sprayed ceramic coatings. Ceramic coatings are being preferred, owing to their properties, such as corrosion protection and friction reduction.
- These are extensively used as protective coatings, in order to protect the aircraft components and repair the old ones. The various airplane components, like engines, rotors, and other mechanical parts, require hard and wear-resistant coatings that can withstand high temperatures, therefore, they use ceramic coatings.
- They are used for coating the aerospace turbine components, engine components, and actuation systems, in order to provide high thermal, wear, and corrosion resistance, and longevity.
- With the increasing security concerns and increasing commercial use of aircraft as a medium of conveyance, the demand for aircraft has been increasing across the world. With this, various aircraft production orders have been lined up for delivery in the coming years.
- For instance, according to Boeing, by 2038, the deliverables of commercial aircraft are expected to reach about 17,390 units in the Asia Pacific, 9,130 units in North America and about 8,990 units in Europe.
- Hence, with the production of aircraft to deliver the aircraft orders from the defense as well as the aviation industry, the demand for ceramic coatings is projected to increase worldwide, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. The increasing investments and production in the end-user industries, such as aerospace and defense, electronics, automotive, etc., are driving the demand for ceramic coatings in the region.
- The Asia-Pacific region consists of 4 of the top 10 countries in terms of defense spending. The spending is increasing in recent years with the rise in terrorism and rising security concerns in the region. China is just behind the United States in terms of defense spending.
- China is the largest producer of aircraft in the region and invests heavily in R&D and innovation in the field of aerospace and defense.
- China holds the world's largest industrial manufacturing base and is the largest automotive and electronic producer in the world. The country not only supports the domestic demand but also caters to the demand in international markets. Thus, with the growing demand for electronic products, and automobiles worldwide, there is an increase in the industrial output in China.
- Besides, countries, like India and South Korea, are also witnessing a substantial increase in the demand for ceramic coatings.
- In India and South Korea, increasing investments and production in the electronics industry, and increased defense spending are driving the demand for ceramic coatings.
- Besides, countries, such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand, have been witnessing an increase in investment and production in the automotive industry, which is further likely to increase the consumption of ceramic coatings in these countries.
- Thus, all such factors are expected to drive the demand for the market for ceramic coatings in the region, during the forecast period.
The ceramic coatings market is a moderately consolidated market, where few players account for a significant share of the market demand. Some of the major players in the market include A&A Thermal Spray Coatings, APS Materials Inc., DuPont, Saint-Gobain, and Praxair S.T. Technology Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rising Aerospace Thermal Applications
- 4.1.2 Increasing Usage in Medical Devices
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Costs of Ceramic Coatings
- 4.2.2 Capital Intensive Production Setup
- 4.2.3 Issues Regarding Thermal Spray Process Reliability and Consistency
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Raw Material Analysis
- 4.6 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Carbide
- 5.1.2 Nitride
- 5.1.3 Oxide
- 5.1.4 Other Types
- 5.2 Technology
- 5.2.1 Thermal Spray
- 5.2.2 Physical Vapor Deposition
- 5.2.3 Chemical Vapor Deposition
- 5.2.4 Atmospheric Outer Spray
- 5.2.5 Other Technologies
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Aerospace and Defense
- 5.3.2 Transportation
- 5.3.3 Healthcare
- 5.3.4 Energy and Power
- 5.3.5 Industrial
- 5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 A&A Thermal Spray Coatings
- 6.4.2 APS Materials Inc.
- 6.4.3 Aremco
- 6.4.4 Bodycote PLC
- 6.4.5 Ceramic Pro
- 6.4.6 DowDuPont
- 6.4.7 Fosbel Inc.
- 6.4.8 Keronite
- 6.4.9 Morgan Advanced Materials PLC
- 6.4.10 OC Oerlikon Corporation AG
- 6.4.11 Praxair S.T. Technology Inc.
- 6.4.12 Saint-Gobain
- 6.4.13 Swain Tech Coatings Inc.
- 6.4.14 Zircotec
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Alternatives to Cadmium and PTFE Coatings
- 7.2 Development of New Applications and Spray Processes