Product Code: 69079
The global market for the ceramic substrate is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5 % during the forecast period. The major factor driving the market studied is the increasing demand for ceramic substrates over metal alloys. On the flip side, the slowdown in the global automotive industry and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the growth of the market.
The semiconductor industry is expected to dominate the global ceramic substrate market over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Semiconductor Industry
- Ceramic substrate plays an important role in enabling developments in the semiconductor industry through their essential role in manufacturing.
- Semiconductor manufacturers use ceramic substrates such as alumina, beryllium oxide, and aluminum nitride. These materials are used in the semiconductor industry owing to their properties such as hard and resistant to wear, resistant to strong acid and alkali at high temperatures, good thermal conductivity, extremely high bulk resistivity, very low dielectric constant and loss tangent among others.
- The global semiconductor industry is growing at a healthy rate in recent times, owing to the demand for technologies such as autonomous driving, artificial intelligence, etc.
- According to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), the worldwide sales of semiconductors reached a total of USD 36.6 billion for the month of October 2019, an increase of about 2.9% from the September month's total sales of USD 35.6 billion.
- According to World Semiconductor Trade Statistics (WSTS), it is estimated that the annual global sales of semiconductors is expected to increase by 5.4% in 2020, 6.3% in 2021, hence increasing the scope for this market during the coming years.
- Therefore, the growing semiconductor industry is expected to boost the demand for ceramic substrates incoming years.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to account for the largest market and is also forecasted to be the fastest-growing market for ceramic substrates during the forecast period.
- China is expected to become the largest market for electronics and semiconductor products over the coming years. According to the Industry, Science and Technology International Strategy Center (ISTI), the production value of Taiwan's semiconductor industry is anticipated to grow substantially, owing to the increasing demand for integrated circuit (IC) devices for artificial intelligence applications.
- The Chinese government has introduced "Made in China 2025" policy to increase the nation's self-sufficiency in integrated circuits production to 40% in 2020 and 70% by 2025.
- According to India Electronics and Semiconductor Association, the semiconductor component market in the country is expected to be worth USD 32.35 billion by 2025, displaying a CAGR of 10.1%. In addition, the ongoing Make in India initiative by the government is expected to result in investments in the semiconductor industry in the country.
- Additionally, India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) signed a MoU with Singapore Semiconductor Industry Association (SSIA) to establish and develop trade and technical cooperation between the electronics and semiconductor industries of both the countries. This is expected to result in development of various break-through semiconductor manufacturing technologies that would further increase the scope for the consumption of ceramic substrate in semiconductor manufacturing in India.
- Japan currently has about 30 semiconductor fabrication industries, which are involved in manufacturing of various types of semiconductor chips. Japan's semiconductor supply chain provides one third of the world's semiconductor manufacturing equipment and more than half of the industry's materials.
- Furthermore, countries such as Philippine and South Kores have also been contributing to the growth of the market studied lately. This is expected to further drive the demand for Ceramic Substrate market over the forecast period.
The Global Ceramic Substrate market is partially consolidated with many healthy competitors in the market. The major companies in the market are Corning Incorporated, CoorsTek Inc., TOSHIBA MATERIALS Co. LTD., KYOCERA Corporation, and Yokowo co., ltd. among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Ceramic Substrates over Metal Alloys
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Slowdown in the Global Automotive Industry
- 4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Raw Material Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Alumina
- 5.1.2 Aluminum Nitride
- 5.1.3 Silicon Nitride
- 5.1.4 Beryllium Oxide
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
- 5.2.2 Aerospace & Defense
- 5.2.3 Automotive
- 5.2.4 Semiconductor
- 5.2.5 Telecommunication
- 5.2.6 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share(%)/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Anaren
- 6.4.2 Ceramtec
- 6.4.3 Corning Incorporated
- 6.4.4 CoorsTek Inc.
- 6.4.5 ENrG Inc.
- 6.4.6 ICP TECHNOLOGY Co.,LTD
- 6.4.7 KOA Speer Electronics INC.
- 6.4.8 KYOCERA Corporation
- 6.4.9 LEATEC Fine Ceramics Co,.Ltd.
- 6.4.10 MARUWA Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.11 Neo Tech Inc.
- 6.4.12 NGK SPARK PLUG CO.,LTD.
- 6.4.13 NIPPON CARBIDE INDUSTRIES CO.,INC.
- 6.4.14 Ortech Advanced Ceramics
- 6.4.15 TOSHIBA MATERIALS Co. LTD.,
- 6.4.16 Yokowo co., ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS